Thursday, January 24, 2013

Complaining...

I finally sat down for my daily chill sess with the big man, Jesus!

I have been slacking on our time together and it bothers me greatly b/c I do have the time. I just get so selfish sometimes and spend the quiet time around here playing on the computer or napping. I'm not happy with this b/c that stuff is so much less important.

So finally I'm getting back in my groove.

I open to read my devotional today and I think the Lord was trying to smack me in the face and remind me how silly I have been to leave him in the dust when I needed him most.

With the move, Mileys sleeping getting worse, and house stuff I have been super overwhelmed to the point I have had bad anxiety and even lost weight.

So a paraphrase of my devotions...

When things seem to be wrong...trust Me!
When life seems out of control...thank Me!
Doing this will lift you above the circumstances. If you do what comes naturally in the face of difficulties, you fall prey to negativism.  Even few complaints can set you in a downward spiral., by darkening your perspective and mind-set. With this attitude controlling you, complaints flow more and more readily from your mouth.  Each one moves you steadily down a slippery spiral. The lower you go, the faster you slide; but you can hit the brakes. Cry out to Me in My Name! Affirm your trust in me, regardless of how you feel. Thank me for everything! Gradually you will begin to ascend, recovering lost ground.
When you are back on level ground, you can face circumstances from a humble perspective.
By doing this you will experience unfathomable peace.

Wow, really?!?!

My problem is not complaining but dwelling on things and letting them take over. By letting them do this and not getting a grip and REALLY trusting God. I make things so much worse!

I WANT unfathomable peace...that just sounds awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment