Thursday, October 11, 2012

Winning

I'm trying to document this stuff b/c it is so sweet and one day I will cling to these amazing memories.

We were at TJ's softball game last night and Tommi was playing with a friend her age. Well they were running and the little girl, we will call her M, would take off before Tommi said go. But they would both still run. Well M got to the end one time and said "I win" and Tommi said "I win, we both win". 

Then they did it again and when M said "I win", Tommi said "I lose" Well M's grandma said "No you both win, no one lost." Tommi looked at her and matter of factly said "No, it's ok. M won and I lost."

Tommi is usually just like her daddy and wants to win all the time. But she is slowly learning not everyone wins. I want her to know the joy of winning and the feeling of loss. So when she does "win" she feels even better about herself. If she "loses" she will work harder to get better at whatever it is. I tell her not to feel bad if she "loses" and do not make others feel bad if they "lose" it is just part of life.

It is a life lesson they are failing to teach kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment