Saturday, October 13, 2012

Really?

Sometimes I feel like such a kid...like I'm faking this whole being married and having kids of my own thing.

But tonight while riding to church we only had Miley b/c Tommi wanted to go to kids choir practice so she rode with TJ's mom. So as I was thinking about Tommi and feeling a little incomplete. I had this moment that it felt like reality just hit me. I am 27 (sounds like a grown up), have been married for 6 years, and have TWO kids. This is not just playing house anymore.

I had this overwhelming feeling of accomplishment and pride. I am a mom of 2 awesome kids and have a man who loves me enough to promise me the rest of his life. So I know anyone can have a kid and people get married all the time....but my situation is legit :)

I honestly love my life. I love being a wife and mom more than anything in the world. Yes it is tough and yes sometimes quitting sounds really good. But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

I am not sure what I did to be so blessed but I really am!

I have been so "down" about how the house stuff is going. Basically we have our house on the land but it still needs to be finished. We bought the house in April and thought we would be in by July at least...but everything has been pushed back and pushed back. Finally we are kinda seeing the light but it just feels like it keeps moving even as we make steps toward it. I know in my heart we will be in our house eventually but we don't know when. This is so discouraging.

So this reality check was really needed. I am blessed...I have such an amazing life. No it is not perfect....but I have a promise from the Lord that he will always take care of me. I believe his taking care of me right now is reminding me to look around and see how blessed I really am.

I mean look at these 2...I am a lucky mommy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment