Wednesday, August 6, 2014

7 weeks

Well Waylon has been here for over 7 weeks now...it feels like he was just born.

He is still a dream baby! He is so laid back and just goes with the flow. He seriously fits right in! He eats, sleeps, poops, observes, smiles, and snuggles. It is a dream come true. I am crazy in love with him...to be expected but it still amazes me everytime how much you can love another human who really has no "true" personality.

He eats every 2-4 hours then kinda cluster feeds for an hour at night after the girls go to bed. Then he goes to his bed and sleeps till around 3, snacks, then is back down till 6 ish, snacks, then back to bed till usually around 9. It is AWESOME! Night time before bed is his most demanding time b/c he just wants to nurse and snuggle. But he sleep all night in his own bed.
I co-slept with the girls and loved the snuggles but I think I am much happier with a child who stays in his bed. If he was a demanding newborn like the girls, he would be in my bed but he likes his bed. So that is a win-win for us all!

He is the noisiest little sleeper. He makes noises all the time.

He weighed 11lbs 14oz as of last Thursday at 6 weeks! So he is my big boy still!

His eyes are still a dark blue so we will see if that changes.

He LOVES to be outside and it has been really pretty and mild lately so that is so nice that he can get some good outside time.

The girls are still goo-goo over him. Tommi holds him a lot and most of the time he will just cuddle up and sleep in her arms, even if I hand him to her awake. He is SO good about just falling asleep when held it is awesome. The girls LOVE to talk to him and ask about him immediately when they get up. Miley LOVES to kiss him. She also still calls him "baby Hug-o" sometimes but most of the time he is "Yalen baby" She shows him to everyone and tells anyone who is around "That my baby brother" It is awesome. Tommi of course loves to show him off too. She is so proud of him! They both say he is their baby :) Poor guy has so much love he is smothered.

He is not a big carseat fan but not bad. He doesn't like to sleep in it much but is quiet and will fade in and out during the day if we are out. But night driving with him is horrible. He screams until you take him out and then he is totally content. If it was not dangerous I would totally just hold him in the car b/c he is happy in my arms...always!

He started smiling last week and though it is only once or twice a day it is so awesome!

When put on his tummy he just lays his head down. He honestly doesn't even try to look around. But when holding him upright on my shoulder he is all eyes everywhere and lifting his head to look if I have him on my chest. I think he is just lazy and doesn't want to have to work so he just chills. Plus his head is heavy!

I made him max out his newborns so he just moved to 0-3 months all the time but he won't be in them long. Some are getting pretty tight.

He is my perfect little man! Seriously crazy in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment