Wednesday, August 20, 2014

School is in session...

So we are officially going into day 4 of school...

My life is already so different. I kinda feel lost during the day b/c I have 2 little kids and no "bigger kid" conversation. I have found Miley is easier with out Tommi around b/c she is not constantly on edge that someone is going to do her wrong. I have enjoyed our time together already.

So how did it go? How is it going?

Day 1- Dispite staying up till 11 pm the night before due to excitement (yes she was in her bed!) Tommi woke up with bells on. SOOOO ready. We made pancakes but she didn't eat. So we went to school and she was ready but wanted me to hold her hand as we walked to class...gladly my sweet girl, gladly. So I held it together...until I stepped out of the room. I lost it to say the least...I think I even scared some kids. I was a total mess! I got to my van and was losing it...it really was so sad. I felt like my heart was just ripped out, like I was giving my baby away. I seriously thought about going in and saying "Never mind, I can't do this." I called my mom who helped a lot. By the time I got home I felt much better.
By the afternoon I was SOOO anxious to get her back. She came home bouncing off the walls. She loved school as expected. She made friends and was thrilled with it all.

Day 2- A bit tougher to wake up. But she was asleep by 845pm so that should have helped. No tears. She led me to her class. She said it was a good day. Still very excited about it.

Day 3- Still not liking getting up but was asleep by 815pm the night before so we are getting used to this earlier bed time. But ready for school! No tears and she ran ahead of me to class.
After school the helper didn't trust Tommi when she said she was supposed to go to her grandmothers classroom so they stuck her in the cafeteria and she cried but of course grandma got her but she was a bit shaken b/c she didn't like the change of routine. But the teacher is aware and will make sure it doesn't happen again.

The first day she ate a little at lunch but ate the rest on the way home. The 2nd day she ate a little at lunch, someone else ate some of her food before leaving school, snacked a little on the way home but had food left. Day 3 she came home with a full lunch box minus her chocolate chip muffins. She doesn't eat much breakfast, barely snacks, then doesn't eat lunch. It is crazy but I'm hoping it is a phase.

I'm settling into routine. The early wake up is tough b/c Waylon likes to stay up late then I need me time so I don't get a lot of sleep but hopefully with time he will get into routine and we will do better.

I hate her being gone all day but it is nice to see how much she loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment