Thursday, June 19, 2014

Baby Hugo!!!!!

Well "baby Hugo" has arrived and his official name is WAYLON THOR FRAZIER. He is referred to as baby Hugo still most of the time haha Poor guy may never live that one down.

His sisters are crazy in love with him! Miley's reactions was PERFECT! She was so excited to meet him and wanted to hold him immediately! It was amazing! Of course Tommi took to him like I expected! They both had hearts in their eyes from moment one!

Well lets rewind and document his birth story...
Saturday June 14th we didn't do anything special I felt pretty normal during the day just like I have been feeling recently nothing "odd". We went to church that evening and TJ's uncle Ronald joked about me being about to pop and I seriously thought "It may be another 2 weeks of this." We came home put the girls to bed and then I hung out for a bit but decided to go to bed about 11pm. I zonked out...
Sunday June 15th at 2:00am I "peed" myself...or so I thought. I got up and laughed b/c I seriously thought I must have had a dream and peed. So I went in and peed some more. I changed my clothes and it occurred to me my water could have broken but it wasn't a big flood (like it was with the  girls) so I doubted it. I laid back down and with my mind racing I started cramping like just mild menstrual cramps, I got up b/c I knew I was not falling back to sleep soon. So I was in and out of the bathroom b/c I felt like I had to pee and pacing. Timing the random contractions I was having but they were mild I only knew if I felt the tightening in my belly (and the fact the fluid kept leaking when I had contractions haha but the cramping was getting worse. I started noticing I was losing my plug when I went to the bathroom so I figured that might be what was going on. So I walked around thinking things might stop soon. But I just didn't feel good. So I woke TJ up at 230ish and told him I didn't feel good. In the back of my mind I knew my water had broken but I was just kinda dilutional I guess (just like I was with Miley) well after talking to him a bit I noticed my contractions were about 2-3 min apart but they still were crampy more than painful contractions. I could still talk through them. But he said we needed to head out...so he called his parents. I tried to text and call mine...just so they knew what was up but no one answered.
We left the house a little after 3am. I called the midwifes to tell them I was headed out.
We got to the hospital and I was really hurting. Finally got to our room and the nurse gave me a gown but when I went to change I really didn't want to b/c I was hurting so bad so I just took off my underwear. I got in bed and told TJ he needed to get the nurse b/c I felt like I needed to push. He went out to let her know. They came back in to check me and sure enough I was ready to go haha
My midwife was not there yet so they talked about finding any dr they could no matter if they were part of the practice I was with or not haha
They got a dr in there and suited up but minutes later my midwife walked in (in flip flops haha) She said I sounded so calm that she didn't rush. The nurses all kept saying the same thing, that I seemed to calm to be as far along as I was.
Well I'm not sure how much time passed or how many times I pushed (but supposedly I am a strong pusher haha) Well it felt like it took forever but FINALLY I delivered and felt like a MILLION bucks b/c he was not easy to deliver! They laid him on my chest and I seriously was on cloud 9. He was SO amazing. The first thing I looked for when they lifted him up to me was if it was for sure a boy! haha and there was no doubt. I seriously was in my own world after that! Just loving him!
After a while they took him away to weigh him and all that. Well he was hard to deliver b/c he was 9LBS!!! Well 8lbs 15.5ozes but they said if he had not pooped in utero (they didn't tell me that till later) he probably would have been 9lbs! I was in total shock but kinda proud of myself.
So I did find out later he pooped in utero but I guess they were not too worried...thank you Jesus!

He was not a happy camper for the first couple hours of life...just really fussy. But after he finally nursed he did well and passed out.

He is the most amazing little thing ever!

Note...arrived at hospital around 3:40am delivered at 4:09am
On our 8th anniversary and Fathers day!

No comments:

Post a Comment