Tuesday, February 25, 2014

WOW

So here I am thinking I had been through the ringer with Miley coming down with the flu. Well I continued to take care of her and finally Wednesday she was 24 hours fever free. So the light was there and I was ready to finally get on with my life. Oh what little I knew...
Wednesday since Miley was in the clear we planned to go to town...I went out to go to the car and slipped due to rain and lack of traction on my shoes and either badly bruised my tailbone or broke it! I was in a lot of pain but figured the baby is cushioned so he will be fine. TJ was super worried so he had me call my dr. They said he should be fine but wanted me to come in to check the heartbeat. Well all was good there. So I was told to ice and heat as needed and take ibuprofen or Tylenol as needed.

That evening I noticed Tommi's eyes were kinda gooey (like Mileys the week before) but I was hoping that was not going to turn into anything. Well that night Tommi ran a 101 fever and seemed yuck. So off to the drs Thursday morning!

She had to miss school which meant missing her field trip and valentines day party :( We went to the walk in hours at her drs office but they were so busy and only had afternoon appoints we ended up going to a med express place. She was not running a fever by this point but we still went in. They gave her eye drops for her eyes and tested her for the flu which came back negative so he said it was probably just a virus that was resolve itself.

She was begging to still go to my parents so we decided since it was not the flu that we could go. Well she felt pretty crappy the whole drive and that evening spiked a fever again ugh!

So we went to the dr down in VB on Friday morning and he pretty much said it was the flu based on Miley having it early in the week. She also had some fluid on her ear so he gave us antibiotics incase it started bothering her.

So Tamiflu for 5 days plus the eye drops for her eyes. That evening right before we were supposed to go to Chases to have dinner with him she spiked a 106 fever! Talk about panic! We were doing wet rags and everything to get it down! Thankfully it went down and never got back to that point.

Saturday and Sunday same thing with fever and feeling crappy. She did show improvement here and there but still feeling yucky.

Monday night she came to me at dinner and said "Don't touch my ear it hurts but I don't want to take medicine!" UGH! So off to CVS we went to fill the antibiotics. So now she is finished with eye drops but still taking Tamiflu till Tuesday night. But we now add antibiotics but thankfully only once a day!

We are now finished with Tuesday and still not fever free. She has gone all day with out a fever today until about dinner time and it spiked back to 102-103. Yay!

I'm keeping her at home so she can get better and not catch anything else...so basically I am stir crazy as is she! She had to miss school again today! Poor thing just wants to be back to normal.

Thankfully during the day she feels good so that is a huge plus!

I'm SUPER sore and am hoping it just got worse before it gets better but if only one of us is going to heal right now I want it to be Tommi!

Over 2 weeks of sickness in our house...I'm more than ready for nice weather to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment