Monday, February 17, 2014

This week...

I'm so ready for NORMAL!

So last Monday started with a runny nose from Miley...ok it is winter colds happen. Then we had the whole pink eye thing Tuesday into Wednesday. Well the antibiotics cleared that up by the next day but it was seriously SOOO sad to give her those drops she would cover her eyes and say "No mommy!" We did them faithfully for 3 days but I will be honest by Saturday once was enough and I was done!
Well Wednesday evening Tommi woke up throwing up after nap. But by bedtime she was just fine. Thursday Miley was ok. On and off seeming cruddy but overall seemed fine.
So Friday Miley had her 2 year appointment, her nose was still runny and she had a slight cough but again I figured it was a cold. At the appointment she had to have a finger prick and they had to work her poor finger to get all the blood for the iron and lead tests. Then she was ok for the dr but still not happy about her boo-boo so she was weepy but the dr said her cough was definitely just drainage. Then she had to get a shot. Yeah she was not happy about that one. So we went home and got everyone down for naps. She woke up from nap pretty clingy and seeming more off then normal but between being tired, being upset over the appointment, and the crud it wasn't weird. That evening we had a meeting with a new tax guy and right as we sat down Miley was walking over to me and hit her ear on the corner of his desk. Yeah not cool. Well we went to dinner afterwards at Chilis and she seemed hot to the touch. Well during dinner she clung to me a bunch then ended up falling asleep on me for majority of dinner. We got home and I took her temp and it was 102*. I gave her some Tylenol. She went over to TJ's recliner to kiss him goodnight and he picked her up and was cuddling with her when all he sudden we guess he leaned back too far and his chair flipped back. WHAT THE CRAP!?!? Poor guy hit his head and Miley started crying but was just totally worried about daddy. Needless to say she keeps saying "Daddy fall over" and is kinda scared of anyone sitting in the recliner now.
Saturday we woke up and Miley ok till after breakfast then she clung to me like a leech. Poor thing had a terrible cough that sounded really yuck. Went through the evening clinging to me and sounding horrible. She didn't have a fever all day till the evening then it hit again. So we did honey elixir and Tylenol. Sunday again she was cruddy and no fever till the evening. She seemed even worse in the evening than she did on Saturday night.
Thankfully during all this she was taking random snaps, napping very well, and sleeping well at night.
Sunday night she woke up calling for me but when I picked her up she still acted like she couldn't find me, calling for me and moving around like she couldn't get comfy. Finally she asked to get back in her bed and there she still kept just crying for me. So I went out thinking maybe I was bugging her. She stopped and I heard little except a few coughs through the night.
Today (Monday) she woke up still clingy and whiney so I decided to call the dr to see what was up. Needless to say after I called the dr she was not coughing much and seemed to be playing more. Of course! But I took her in anyway...she was good till we went back to the exam room and due to being there for the 3rd time in the last week she was scared. She did not have a fever. The dr came in and Miley was not happy but she let her listen to her lungs, check her ears, and mouth. All was clear. So she wanted to test for the flu. She went to do the nose swab and Miley lost control and threw her head around (with the swab still stuck) so we got it out and the dr was going out to run the test and I look down and Miley has a crazy nose bleed! Yay! ugh! The dr got me tissues and stuff and I cleaned her up. Poor thing was a mess for a while till I finally got her calm and got her dressed again. The dr came back after a bit and said it was Flu Type A. :(
Since the on set was more than 48 hours before she couldn't give her meds but she did suggest I called my OB to get Tamiflu to prevent getting it myself b/c if I got sick it would be ALOT worse being pregnant and all. She told me I need to push fluids and just keep her comfortable b/c it is just a crappy thing. Told me her cough and sneeze sprays a 6 foot radius so keep big sis away as much as possible. Yeah right! I will do my best but I am a stay at home mom and will not punish Tommi for Miley's sickness. So we will do our best to hand wash and wipe stuff down but prayer will hopefully keep Tommi healthy.
Miley woke up from nap rather spunky and being silly. Still needed me close but was MUCH more like my Miley. We had to go with TJ to take Tommi to ballet so I could run by Target to get my Tamiflu b/c they close at 7 and ballet is not over till 715. So we dropped them off at ballet, ran to target....yes I'm a bad mom and carried Miley in and picked up my meds and ran out, thankfully she never coughed so hopefully didn't spread anything. She actually kept her face buried in my neck. So it was a 5 minute trip. But  we got it and went back to ballet and hung out in the car till it was over. At which point Miley was starting to decline and act miserable again. By the time we got home she was feeling rather bad and just wanted me to hold her. Her fever was 101.8 so I tried to do Tylenol and for some reason my PERFECT medicine taking child did not want to take anything. I had to get it in b/c she needs the relief from the body aches more than anything. So I had to force it but I honestly will do what it takes b/c I want her better.
Got her ready for bed and she almost jumped into her crib she was SO excited to get in bed! Poor booger. I was able to figure out a way to elevate her head (she sleeps sideways in her bed on top her pillow)
2 hours later I have not heard any coughs...yay! I am praying harder than anything that we can make it through this SOON. We are supposed to go to mom and dads this weekend but if this fever is not gone for 24hours before I don't think it would be best to take her while still contagious and traveling that far while feeling as bad as she does would not be good. She lights up every time we mention going to Big mama and pappys and she has been looking forward to getting back down since Christmas so I really hope we can!!! I know it would be the PERFECT end to the sickness she has been through.

I'm worn out! From the worry and just the constant trying to make her comfortable and trying to avoid as much discomfort/distress for her. I'm ready for a break. BUT...my baby is not in the hospital and she is not fighting for her life! So we are going to get through this! God is good ALL THE TIME and will bring us all through!

No comments:

Post a Comment