Friday, February 7, 2014

USA

I turned the TV on this evening and it was the opening ceremonies where all the countries walk out. Tommi asked what it was so I told her it was all the countries who are competing in the Olympics (then I had to explain the Olympics a little). She got wide eyed and said "Mommy can I stay up to see them walk out with the American flag!" Honestly I was SO ready for her to go to bed b/c she has been grumpy but I could not say no to that!

 It made me so happy! I want her to always be that proud of the country she lives in! It may be corrupt in so many ways but that doesn't change that we have freedom and that flag makes me proud of all the men and women who have given their lives to keep us safe!

So we put Miley down and snuggled and watched the people proudly wave our flag and about to kick some booty! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment