Saturday, August 4, 2012

6 months

My sweet cakes is 6 months old...well was the middle of last month but due to our vacation and her drs vacation being back to back weeks we just had her 6 month appt this past week!

Miley is still petite but perfect! She weighed 13lbs, 3ozes (between 5-10 percentile) and was 25 3/4 inches long (between 25-50 percentile)! I always wanted to be petite so I guess I get to live that out through Miley!

So my sweet cakes is a blast but a handful! She is back to not wanting to sleep in the car unless you catch her at the exact right time. Ugh...SO frustrating! But this is mainly due to she has not been taking good naps and that leads to be overtired and then grumpy!

Otherwise I have the sweetest happy (one) dimple cheeked little girl! Gosh do I love her and her awesome smile! When she gets excited she can not hold still...like arms and feet flying. It is awesome!

She is sitting like a champ most of the time...over excitement or throwing a fit are her two biggest enemies. If she does start falling most of the time she can catch herself with her arm. It is pretty awesome!

Food is still a work in progress but the dr said some kids just take longer to get used to food and she wouldn't worry unless she is still rejecting it all by 8-9 months. She did get to try her first pizza crust this past Friday. She basically just sucked on it and didn't eat it but it kept her entertained and she loved it!

Still no teeth and no signs of them. Other than drooling and eating everything :) But the dr said she sees no sign of them yet.

Miley still sleeps in our room...I nurse her to sleep and put her in her bed then after 3ish hours she wakes up and comes to bed with me and nurses every couple hours the rest of the night in my bed! Hey it lets me get sleep...so for me whatever gets us both the most sleep is what I'm doing!

I think Miley is gonna be a little quieter than her big sis but not much. She loves talking and making noises. I have to note that Tommi used to squeal and I've read most kids do. Well Miley does not...she looks like she is trying but it just won't come out! haha

I know I could see Tommis personality at this age but I still can't figure out Miley for sure. I will look back and see it like I did with Tommi.

I'm once again a super lucky mom....my girls are the best!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment