Monday, July 30, 2012

Hattie 2012

My family takes a trip to Hatteras Island every summer and every year it is one of the best weeks ever. Not b/c we do all kinds of exciting things but b/c it is chill, fun, and just good quality family time. This year we were missing my little bro and his wife, Katie...the newlyweds! They took a long honeymoon so couldn't get the time off just a month later for the trip...I was disappointed but heck you only get one honeymoon, go big if you can!

So the usual, family plus Luke's friends was quite significantly down sized to...Mom, Dad, Big bro, sis in law,   TJ, me, and the girls. Though it was little crowd compared to years before it was still fun...alot quieter though.

The quote of the week was "Hey Chasey! Watch this!". Everything Tommi did she thought was epic and of course the ever amazing professional goof off uncle made her think it really was the coolest thing ever.

We did some short beach trips, a couple trips to the sound, lots of chillin, some games, lots of pool time, and  eating...too much for all of us :)

Tommi was in heaven all week! If she has an audience she will ham it up and she did. When we were picking our rooms we went with the adjoining rooms that shared a bathroom so Tommi would have her own room. Well she picked her room and it was purple so of course she was over the top. Well TJ and I actually ended up with the smaller room b/c she was too happy with the purple room we could not take it from her! Both had queen beds so it worked out fine...just funny.

Miley did really good all week. I think she thrived off the attention and entertainment. I was VERY pleased.

The girls did plot against me all week though with a 7am wake up call! I am used to sleeping in till 9-930 at least but since I was going to bed earlier it was ok. The house did not have very thick shades so as soon as the sun came up in the light in the rooms which is what caused the wake up calls. They would wake up and see it is light and wanna get up.

This trip was much less eventful than most but yet just what I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment