Friday, September 21, 2012

sisters...

I grew up smack dab between 2 brothers. So when I was young the closest thing I had to a sister was my best friend. Then as we got older we grew apart a bit so my mom became the closest thing I had and she still is the closest thing I have. She is my built in best friend and our bond has only become stronger as I have had my girls and have matured. We fought and made up like sisters would do through my teens and early twenties (ok that sounds REALLY weird to say but I guess I am in my late twenties now so it is true) Anyway, I could not be more thankful for this bond with my mom. She is a special woman...she is someone who even in her 50's seeks adventure and is youthful at heart. I am proud to say she is training for a marathon right now...how hardcore awesome is that?!? I laugh at her b/c she has got a screw loose even doing this but secretly (I guess not so much anymore) I admire her amazing spirit and fight to do this! So even through the years I have had the opportunity to watch my mom grow in many ways too. Which is SO cool!
So this post was not supposed to be about my mom but I'm leaving the tangent b/c I will love reading it later. 

Back to growing up with brothers...I loved them dearly. With my older bro we had a love/hate thing going on. I swore he thought I was the most annoying pain in the butt possible. I drove him nuts and he hurt my feelings. It was a vicious cycle. But honestly I knew deep down he had my back like no other. He was my big brother and would take his "job" seriously if needed. He could mess me with all he wanted but no one else could. Being only 2 years younger and so polar opposite it made things tough. Now we most definitely fight less (if at all) and that big bro/little sis love is there no matter what. He is not one to give out compliments but told me not long ago that I was a good mom. Compliment of a life time...actually I have always said one thing I want to do is make my big brother proud...well check that box! Yay!

Now that little brother...wow where to begin. He was by far my sanity growing up. I honestly can say I have no idea how I would have made it through with out him. He is the worlds sweetest person and was ALWAYS there for me. Just to listen. He has such a gentle soul and is wise beyond his years in many things. We had all out fights but they were over as quick as they began. He stood in as a sister when needed also haha poor kid! This kid is just amazing. I still to this day adore him beyond my own understanding. Even with his gentle soul he has my back like no other also. He may be gentle but DO NOT mess with him or his family...he has a mean bite also :)

My brothers have a special bond with each other also. They were each others best man and are super close to this day. Sometimes I am jealous of this b/c no matter how close I am to them I can not be as close as they are....b/c well it just isn't like that with a bro and a sis. They are still 2 of my best friends and always will be. I have NO doubt who will have my back for life!  I am not sad about this...God knew all too well what he was doing not give my parents 2 daughters. I was enough to handle :)

Seeing the bond my brothers have and knowing first hand the bond of siblings, I am SO excited to watch my girls grow up as SISTERS. I hope they one day have a bond like my brothers do. They will have a built in best friend.

It is amazing how God knows just what we need....I needed 2 brothers to keep me sane and love me deeper then anyone else on this earth (minus my parents). 

In the end I was not given a "true" sister but I was blessed with MANY stand ins...friends, my mom, my brothers, and now my girls! As their mom I will be able to be a part of their bond....which I am SUPER excited about!

So this was more of a get my thoughts off/random vent. But I like to do that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment