Monday, May 27, 2013

Oh sweet sleep

Sleep was going so well. Miley was sleeping approx 10-11 hours a night. She would sometimes wake up at like 12-1 and I had to go in hold her for a min (which usually lasted longer than needed b/c I love her sweet snuggles) then should would go back to bed till morning! Oh how I loved this! Naps were great...usually a 1.5 to 2 hour morning and afternoon nap. Heavenly!

Wednesday night was one of the worst nights in a long time. At about 1 AM she woke up and screamed liked she was hurting for a while then finally calmed and went back to sleep only to repeat the process and  wake up at 2 till 3,430,5, then 7 for the day! WOW! I was beat. Everytime I had to stand up and hold her till she calmed. Then on Thursday she took a 30 min morning nap and no afternoon one (she screamed and would never let me put her down) she did take a short nap as we went to the inlaws. Nothing worth anything though.

Thursday was a disaster too. She went down at 830 slept till 3 then would not calm down unless I was holding her and standing up. Finally I lost it and came back to my bed and cried at which point TJ knew I had had enough and was losing my mind. So he went in and ended up getting her to sleep at around 630 on his chest then was able to roll over and she slept on the extra bed in her room till 745. I had to get up and go in with her when TJ left at 7. Friday I kept Miley up from her morning nap b/c she seemed to be not sleepy and I thought maybe it would lead to a longer afternoon one. Well she went down at 1pm and slept an hour! UGH!!! Basically she got up as Tommi went down!

Friday evening TJ left for a tournament so I had the girls alone. I had such bad anxiety about it but knew there was nothing I could do but pray. Well I got Miley down, got Tommi down, did the dishes, and got to bed by 11pm. Which is early for me. Only to be awoken at 1130 to the stinking smoke alarm in the living room chirping every minute. Figuring it was the battery I took it out (it runs on electric the battery is just for back up)...that helped for about 10 minutes. Then it started up again. So I knew nothing else to do. I called my FIL about 12pm. He ended up having to unplug it (I tried earlier but couldn't get it). Finally got back in bed about 1am. Miley woke up at 4am and I finally got her settled back around 5am. She was up at 7am. Saturday I kept her up again b/c she was acting great. She went down at 120pm and was up at 250pm. Not cool.

I forget how it went Saturday night went better. She woke up at 3ish and let me put her back in her bed semi awake. Then she got up at 630am and I figured she was up for the day so I took her into the living room and nursed her. She then fell asleep and slept on my chest till 745am. Sunday we left to meet TJ in Richmond for his tournament. So she slept on the way down then took a few quick naps between games. We got to our hotel around 930pm and got her to sleep by 10pm then she was up at 2am and would not let me put her back down. Thankfully she would lay on my chest but would not be still long, readjusting, etc. Finally I got her back in her bed by 4am and she slept till 6am and slept next to me (chest to chest) till 8am! Woo hoo!

She was not nursing anymore in the middle of the night but I have caved alot to just calm her and let myself sit since it was the only way she would let me sit down. Whatever has to be done!

So I know things are going to get better. They have to, I just wish I knew what caused thing to begin. She is normal during the day (some tired melt downs but that is to be expected). So she has me confused!

This too shall pass is what I am holding on to. I know the Lord will help her...I can go with out sleep (generally) but she can't keep this up!

It is a good thing I love her so much :) 

Now are we going to one nap?...I sure hope not. Are we done nursing at night? I hope so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment