Friday, May 17, 2013

Going cloth

Due to many many friends talking about their love for cloth diapers and b/c Miley is not a huge wetter diaper wise so sometimes I throw away barely wet diapers and well buying diapers stinks....I am trying cloth diapers.

As of now I plan to use them at home to get used to them then we will see if I'm brave enough for all the time. Since starting is expensive I can't afford to go totally cloth.

I'm SUPER pumped! I talked to moms and researched the ones I thought I would like best (mainly low maintenance) so far I have gone with Softbums and we will see how I like them. But everyone I have talked to loves them the most.

I'm also doing cloth wipes b/c it is much easier to just wrap them up with the diaper/insert and wash together, instead of worrying about throwing away wipes separate etc.

I think I'm slightly crazy but I don't like creating so much waste esp since disposable diapers decompose VERY slowly....like estimate of 250-500 years! WOW! And the "eco friendly" disposables are more expensive than going cloth.

So I should be getting my orders in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment